Comment on page
Lendle identified four silos of development to be worked on after the initial deploy. First, we will naturally focus on a successful launch and provide Mantle Network with a solid lending infrastructure. Depending on how the Network evolves we will then decide on what silos to start working on first.
The identified silos that will contribute to the Mantle Network are:
- 1.Make use of excess liquidity;
- 2.Isolated lending opportunities;
- 3.Undercollateralized lending;
- 4.Work on an improved Ve/ lock model to align user interactions.
We will analyse the current state of the Mantle Network after launch and decide on any of the 1-3 points to start working on. We will work on in any case on improving the tokenomics (4)
Idle liquidity/ underutilised supply is a waste of capital efficiency in DeFi.
Some of the ideas we have include:
1.Use / make available to routers of v3 pools or aggregators so that upon a larger swap tx the router can use funds from the lending market to make a temporary v3 position. The swap then has a much lower slippage and the fees can be directed to lenders to increase organic supply APY and being less reliant on inflation;
2.Use the excess liquidity elsewhere to generate yield.
During a recent hackathon our developers have already implemented a proof of concept to use the excess liquidity for v3 positions using the 1Inch router!
The concept of isolated lending introduces the option to list more exotic tokens on the markets without introducing the risk of incurring bad debt for “safe” suppliers. Working on this can boost the “Degen” coins on Mantle Network.
Gearbox pioneered undercollateralized lending, but we think this design can still be expanded / improved upon:
- 1.Including the undercollateralized option on top of the base V2 layer;
- 2.Diversifying into LYF and other options.
Tokenomics are a big passion of the team and some of the ideas we are working on so far:
- 1.Create Ve positions for supplying assets as a driver to create sticky liquidity. This would mean that asset suppliers can lock their liquidity for a certain time to boost their reward share of either (or both) supply APY / incentive rewards;
- 2.Expand the Ve component with bribing / voting for where the emissions (native) should be directed to;
- 3.Implementing this brings a whole new level to governance in the Mantle ecosystem similar to Curve and opens the doors for DAOs, gov aggregators etc;
- 4.This combination would also be interesting to link to isolated / degen silos.
- Phase 1
- Launch lending functionality; (07/21/2023 )✅
- Phase 2
- Launch limited borrow functionality & token pre-mining; (07/28/2023 )✅
- Phase 3
- Pre-sale of $LEND;
- Public liquidity event;
- Phase 4
- $LEND launch.
- Listing on CG/CMC✅
- DeBank Integration✅
- DefiLama Integration✅
- Mantle protocols
- Mantle team
- Infrastructure projects
- Conferences & partnerships
- Integrate compounding vaults
- Q4 2023
- 1/3 lending verticals
- Rework tokenomics to include Time Bound Tokens and Ve mechanics for sustainable liquidity
- Q1 2024
- Deploy 1/3 lending & reworked tokenomics
- Q2 2024
- 2/3 lending verticals
- Q3 2024
- 3/3 lending verticals
- Q4 2024
- Launch full Lendle V2 suite